Chocolate and strawberries go together like Valentine’s Day and
ear infections roses. Yes, Mr. Grant has his first ear infection, poor little guy. By the time his sister was his age, she’d had many more, so I guess he is lucky. He’s such a trooper, though. Even though he’s not sleeping much, he just keeps smiling and squealing. His squeals sound so pitiful because he has almost lost his voice, so it just comes out as a tiny little rasp. Hopefully after a dose of antibiotics he will wake up from his nap a new man.
Anyway, I decided to do a little twist on the conventional chocolate-covered strawberry and instead created these chocolate-filled delights. I’m pretty sure this method uses more chocolate, too, so bonus. I was able to make these this morning in only a few minutes. The hardest part was resisting the temptation to eat the chocolate chips as I was melting them. Self-control, Becky.
It’s easy to do this!
- Just wash the berries.
- Cut the stems off the berries.
- Use a knife with a good point to hollow out the center of the berry. Remember–the bigger the hole, the more chocolate you will need to fill it up. Very important to keep in mind. I used a tomato knife that Mom gave me from the Iowa State Fair.
- Place the strawberries somewhere so they will stay upright. I used an ice cube tray.
- Melt milk chocolate chips. I guess you could also use dark chocolate or white chocolate. I used a microwave to melt them. It took about 1 minute and 30 seconds with stirring breaks.
- Load the chocolate into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and cut a tiny corner off.
- Squeeze the chocolate into the strawberries.
- After the chocolate hardens, transfer to a serving platter.
- Keep platter on table to torture two-year-old.
Idea inspired from Lilyshop, via Pinterest.
Serve and Enjoy!
That’s pretty much all I have planned for dinner tonight–just dessert. I was going to make a pork tenderloin, but I’m too tired! Perhaps some veggie burgers and tater tots? Now that’s romantic! I’m looking forward to an all new Office, and perhaps a glass (or two) of Chardonnay after the kiddos are in bed!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Oh! And if you haven’t done so already, please “LIKE” This Bountiful Backyard on Facebook. The like button is up there on the right.