I recently came across a website/mobile app called ZipList, which is an incredibly easy and smart way to keep track of your grocery lists while also having your own online recipe box and meal planner. Let me tell you why I love it so.
1. The ZipList Recipe Clipper sits on your browser’s toolbar, so you can add any recipe online to your ZipList recipe box. Maybe you have the Pin It button up there for Pinterest. This is the same idea.
2. As you decide what meals to make for the week, you can add them to your Meal Planner. It helps me plan a variety of meals and makes sure that I won’t plan too much or too little.
3. You can sync your ZipList to your phone and use it to check things off as you shop!
4. You can tell ZipList where you will be shopping, and it will order your list according to the store’s layout. This is amazing to me!
5. You can also do a search on ZipList to see what sales they have in the store where you will be doing your shopping.
6. If you need some food inspiration, you can go to Recipe Discovery, which is like Pinterest, but better. If you hover over one of the photos, it turns around and lists the number of ingredients and gives you the option of putting the recipe into your recipe box.
ZipList helped us a lot this weekend. I was not feeling well on Sunday, our day to go grocery shopping. I hadn’t even made a list for the week, but George had already started one through ZipList on his phone.
Since our phones sync with each other’s phones and with ZipList, I was able to access our list on my computer. So while he and Julia drove to the grocery store, I planned meals for the week and made a list on ZipList.
By the time George arrived at the store, our list was almost complete. I did add a few items to the list while he was in the store, and those showed up on the ZipList too. The wonders of technology!
If you haven’t heard of ZipList, give it a try! I love it! What methods do you use to make your grocery lists?