I think I saved myself a little bit of money this week. Instead of heading to my favorite bath store for some hand soap (you know the deal, 3 for $9.00) I made my own for just pennies!
You will need:
- Two bars of soap, grated
- 2 TBS glycerin
- 2 Quarts water
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot.
- Stir and heat until the soap dissolves.
- Use a funnel to pour the slightly cooled soap into old, clean soap dispensers.
- I added some essential oils to make my soap extra fancy.
- I also used some vintage labels from World Label to give them some pizzazz.
- After the soap was fully cooled, it turned from clear to white and thickened up. You can add more water if you would like a thinner consistency.
This post has been shared on Little House in the Suburbs DIY Linky #19 and Deborah Jean’s Dandelion House Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #77.